Insurance and Eligibility of Membership
Membership and insurance cover shall only be available to members of the public who meet the following acceptance rules:
- Are over the age of 20 and under the age of 80
- Are full driving licence holders for the class of vehicle being hired, who have held their licence for a minimum of 12 months
- Have no more than 6 penalty points in the last five years
- Have had no more than three accidents in the last three years
- Have not been disqualified from driving for a period exceeding six months in the last three years or has been disqualified for more than three months during the past year.
- Whose licence has not been suspended or endorsed for the following major offences in the past 5 years:
– failure to stop when so required by member of the Garda Siochana
– driving a vehicle when unfit
– breach of duties at an accident
– driving without insurance
– driver found to be driving carelessly
– all drink driving offences
- Any person not disclosed on the hirer driving declaration (application)
- Have had no more than two theft claims in the last three years.
- Are not a professional sportsperson, a professional model, a member of the entertainment profession or a person without a permanent address or residence
- Any members with a medical condition which requires notification to the National Driving License Service must notify Toyota prior to membership being permitted.
- Toyota has insurance coverage for the persons using the vehicle with their permission (and not otherwise) in accordance with an Automatic Liability Insurance Policy. This policy meets all applicable statutory requirements and protects the owner and/or authorised driver of the vehicle against any legal claims from third parties for personal injury or material damage caused by the use of the vehicle.
- The member waives all rights to and agrees that Toyota or persons acting on its behalf will conduct negotiations and agree any settlement with the insurers and that any monies in respect of vehicle loss or damage will be paid to Toyota or such persons as Toyota may direct.
The member agrees before driving away of the vehicle he/she will:
- Inspect the vehicle for any damage either inside or outside the vehicle and report to Toyota Support.
- The member is only authorised to use the vehicle at the time and date specified in a booking made with Toyota.
- The vehicle must be returned by the agreed time and date to the designated street as booked with Toyota.
- The member agrees he/she will return the vehicle with all documents and accessories present at the time of collection and in the same condition as they were on collection.
- All extension of vehicle hire requests from Toyota must be made prior to the agreed return time for hire.
Charges for late return
If the vehicle is not returned by the agreed time and date to the designated collection point, Toyota will charge the member at the agreed hire rate (see relevant tariff details on Toyota Website).
If the member fails to inform Toyota that they will return the car late prior to the original end time, Toyota may apply a penalty charge of €25.
Charges for Returning the Vehicle in Poor Condition Unacceptable to Toyota
If the vehicle is not returned to Toyota in the same condition as it was in on collection, including all documents and accessories present at time of collection, Toyota will be entitled to charge the member a €25 penalty fee.
Joining and Rental Charges
Full details of all the joining and rental charges are as shown on the Toyota website under pricing.
Responsibility of the Member
- The member is responsible for the first €1000 of any costs of repairs for damage to the vehicle, howsoever caused. This can be waived down to €200 by paying an additional €4 per month. Contact us by email if you are interested in this email@example.com.
- The member is responsible for the first 20% of the cost of any claim resulting from the theft of the vehicle whilst in their custody or control, if no negligence is proved.
Care of the Vehicle
- The member must look after the vehicle, making sure it is locked and secure when not in use.
- The member is responsible for ensuring that the vehicle interior is left clean and tidy before it is returned.
Conditions of Use
The member must not allow the vehicle:
- to be used to smoke in
- to be used to carry passengers or cargo for remuneration (it is however permitted to share the cost of hire with passengers)
- to be used to propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object
- to be used to take part in any race, rally, pace-making, trials, speed testing or other contest;
- to be used for motor trade use
- to be used while the driver is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substance impairing their consciousness or ability to react
- to be used in contravention of any traffic regulations
- to be driven by any other person (including any other member) who has not first been authorised by Toyota.
- to drive or be driven outside the island of Ireland
Full details of all penalty charges are as shown on the Toyota website under pricing.
The member must report any traffic accident, loss, damage, or theft to Toyota as soon as practically possible, which would normally be within 6 hours; the police reference number allocated must be provided. The member must not admit liability or guilt in the event of an accident, or promise to pay any third party, or attempt any repair. A Service Provider accident or theft report form must be fully completed on request. If the member does not comply with this request, insurers may refuse the claim. The member agrees to co-operate with Toyota and its insurers in any investigation or subsequent legal proceedings.
Toyota is not liable to the member or any passenger for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle either during the period of hire or thereafter. Such property is left entirely at the member’s or passenger’s own risk. Members are not covered by Toyota’s insurance for the theft of possessions or valuables from the vehicles. Contact Toyota Support for retrieval of your belongings.
The member consents to the computer storage and processing of the member’s personal data by Toyota in connection with this Agreement and to the transmission of this data for the purposes of Toyota’s legitimate interests including statistical analysis, marketing of our services and credit control. If the member breaches this Agreement, the member’s personal data may be disclosed or passed to third parties to the extent necessary to assist recovery procedures.
To the extent allowed by law:
- The member agrees to indemnify and hold Toyota harmless against any claims in connection with operation of the vehicle, any damages suffered by, including without limitation, the fines and other consequences referred to in clause 5 above, or any matters which are the consequences of the member’s acts or omissions.
- Toyota expressly disclaims any liability for damage or loss of any kind suffered by the member or any third party, unless it has been proven that Toyota is at fault.
Law and Jurisdiction
Any proceedings arising in connection with this Agreement shall be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court in the county of registration of the vehicle. The applicable law in any proceedings will be the law of the courts of Ireland.
The member shall not be entitled to assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights or obligation under this Agreement.